Last revised: Jun 20, 2022
This document is a legally binding document which will be effective upon your acceptance of the same (directly or indirectly in electronic form or by means of an electronic record) and will form part of the Governing Policies for availing the services offered through the website and https://www.rentalogue.in/ host under the name and style of “Rentalogue ” (“Platform”).
The Platform is owned by Rentalogue LLP, a company incorporated under the Companies Act,1956 having its registered office at having its registered office at 1-16-98/4, Madhavi Nagar Colony, Sai Nagar Colony, Alwal, Secunderabad, Telangana 500015
(hereinafter referred to as “Rentalogue” or “we” or “us” or “our”, which expression unless the context may otherwise require to include its successors, liquidators and assigns) and the guest users or the registered users of the Platform, who is a natural or a legal person (hereinafter referred to as “User” or “you” or “your” or “yourself”).
Through this Platform, Rentalogue enables and facilitates the Users to list and lease vehicles directly with one another as per the terms and conditions of this document and other policies on the Platform, to the extent applicable. Rentalogue does not sell, hire, manage, and/or control the vehicle.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
Only legal and natural individuals competent to contract under the existing law of the land, may use the Platform and avail services as provided by Rentalogue. Rentalogue reserves the right to terminate your registration and / or deny access to the Platform if it is brought to Rentalogue’s notice that you are not competent to contract as mentioned.
If you use the Platform as a registered user, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and Password. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and Password. You agree, inter alia, to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Platform registration form or provided by You as a visitor or user of a third-party site through which You access the Platform.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or Rentalogue has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or You are trying to gain unlawful access to the Platform, it has the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of your registration with the Platform and refuse to provide you with access to the Platform.
You understand and agree that a third-party shall not be authorized to use your account You understand and acknowledge that allowing other individuals to use your credentials to avail Rentalogue services on the Platform, you will be held solely liable for any damages or liabilities arising out of such use caused to yourselves, other Users or Rentalogue without prejudice to their right to invoke legal action or proceedings against you and the other User to the full extent permissible under Indian law.
Fees and Taxes:
You are responsible for paying all fees (if any) associated with the use of the Platform and you agree to bear any and all applicable taxes, charges, cesses etc. levied thereon.
Use of the Platform:
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of the Platform shall be strictly governed by the following:
• You are solely responsible for Your information, and the Platform acts only as a passive conduit for distribution and publication of Your information. You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share/list(s) any information or item including but not limited to documents for identification or listing of the vehicle that are false, inaccurate and misleading or impersonating a person or belong to other person over which you have no right.
• You are prohibited from assigning or transferring your account to any other user, person, or entity.
• You agree that you shall not violate any applicable law for the time being in force in India.
• You shall not use the Website/App to post anything grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" or harmful to minors.
• You shall not attempt to use any intellectual property rights of Rentalogue or a third-party partner linked to our Platform including any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy.
• You also shall not make use of any other computer code, software viruses, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
• You shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
• You shall not create liability for Rentalogue or cause Rentalogue to lose or disrupt (in whole or in part) the services of our service providers or other suppliers.
• You shall not link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of items, goods or services that are prohibited under the Governing Policies or any other applicable law for the time being in force in India.
• The Member hire vehicle for personal use. The Member shall be responsible for the costs related to the repair, recovery, and loss of use of any Rentalogue Supplier/Host/Vendor vehicle.
Rentalogue may, either by itself or through its business partners, from time-to-time contract with third party payment service providers including banks to open nodal bank accounts under applicable Indian laws, to facilitate the payment between Users i.e. owners and lessees and for collection of fees and other charges on the Platform. These third-party payment service providers may include third party banking or credit card payment gateways, payment aggregators, cash on delivery or demand draft / pay order on delivery service providers, mobile payment service providers or through any facility as may be authorized by applicable law for collection, refund and remittance, as the case may be of payment or supporting the same in any manner.
THE PLATFORM MAY BE UNDER CONSTANT UPGRADES, AND SOME FUNCTIONS AND FEATURES MAY NOT BE FULLY OPERATIONAL.
DUE TO THE VAGARIES THAT CAN OCCUR IN THE ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION AND DUE TO THE LIMITATIONS INHERENT IN PROVIDING INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, OR INACCURACIES IN THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE PLATFORM OR DELAY OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONALITY OF THE PLATFORM. AS A RESULT, WE DO NOT REPRESENT THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED IS CORRECT IN EVERY CASE.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITIES THAT MAY ARISE AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF CREDIT, DEBIT CARDS OR ANY OTHER PAYMENT OPTION AVAILABLE ON THE PLATFORM.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIRD PARTY SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE PLATFORM. WE MAY HAVE FORMED PARTNERSHIPS OR ALLIANCES WITH SOME OF THESE THIRD PARTIES FROM TIME TO TIME IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THE PROVISION OF CERTAIN SERVICES TO YOU. HOWEVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AT NO TIME ARE WE MAKING ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING ANY THIRD PARTY'S SERVICES NOR WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY INCLUDING, AND NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR, DEATH, INJURY OR IMPAIRMENT EXPERIENCED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU HEREBY DISCLAIM AND WAIVE ANY RIGHTS AND CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US WITH RESPECT TO THIRD PARTY'S SERVICES.
WHILE THE MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THE PLATFORM WERE PREPARED TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION REGARDING THE SUBJECT DISCUSSED, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THESE MATERIALS IS BEING MADE AVAILABLE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, QUALITY OF WORK OR OTHER INFORMATION HEREIN. FURTHER, WE DO NOT, IN ANY WAY, ENDORSE ANY SERVICE OFFERED OR DESCRIBED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED "AS IS". WE AND / OR OUR EMPLOYEES MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE TIMELINESS, CONTENT, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, EFFECTIVENESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR DATA FURNISHED HEREUNDER OR THAT THE INFORMATION OR DATA PROVIDED HEREUNDER MAY BE RELIED UPON. MULTIPLE RESPONSES MAY USUALLY BE MADE AVAILABLE FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES AND IT IS LEFT TO THE JUDGEMENT OF USERS BASED ON THEIR SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES TO USE, ADAPT, MODIFY OR ALTER SUGGESTIONS OR USE THEM IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER SOURCES THEY MAY HAVE, THEREBY ABSOLVING US AS WELL AS OUR CONSULTANTS, BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, AFFILIATES, BUSINESS PARTNERS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY KIND OF PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSSES OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE PLATFORM. IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AUTHORS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOUR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, DAMAGES ARISING FROM PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), RESULTING FROM ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR MERCHANT ACCESSED THROUGH THE PLATFORM, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Rentalogue owns the intellectual property as available on the Platform. For any other information, and the material published on it including but not limited to user interface, layout format, and any content there of Rentalogue may have non-exclusive limited right / license to use or produce the same on its Platform.
You recognize that Rentalogue or its affiliates is the registered owner of the word mark/device marks and the logo of Rentalogue products, including but not limited to its variants and agree that you shall not directly or indirectly, attack or assist another in attacking the validity of, or Rentalogue or its affiliates proprietary rights in, the licensed marks or any registrations thereof, or file any applications for the registration of the licensed marks or any names or logos derived from or confusingly similar to the licensed marks, any variation thereof, or any translation or transliteration thereof in another language, in respect of any products/services and in any territory throughout the world. If you become aware or acquire knowledge of any infringement of Rentalogue’s intellectual property you shall report the same to [email protected] with all relevant information.
You must not use any part of the materials on the Platform for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability:
Notwithstanding anything contained herein, Rentalogue’s entire liability and Your sole and exclusive remedy in any circumstance is limited to amount of fees, if any, paid by You on the Platform for the transaction under dispute. Other than the aforesaid, Rentalogue shall have no liability to You.
Note: Payments owed by members will be deducted from the security deposit. If the security deposit does not cover such payments, the balance must be paid by the member electronically.
*Please note there are four cases where there will be exceptions:
• In the event the member is found to be under the influence of alcohol during a booking, the member will be held liable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the vehicle workshop.
• The member will be liable for 100% of the entire vehicle damage bill in the event that the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the member continues driving even after an external vehicle impact, thereby severely undermining the condition of the vehicle.
• In the event a non-Rentalogue member is found to be the one driving at the time of accident, then the member will be held liable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the workshop.
• Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, only SUV vehicles are permitted for trips to regions having higher altitudes including but not limited to Leh or Ladakh districts in Jammu & Kashmir. Damages caused to the vehicles except falling under SUV (Ecosport, Scorpio, XUV, Tata Safari, Toyota Fortuner) category will attract charges viz; damages fees of ₹ 10,000 along with repairs cost, towing cost, travel cost of representatives of Rentalogue and other related charges, if any on actual basis.
If a Rentalogue member is violating the law or Rentalogue rules, for example by overspeeding or driving drunk, the member will be responsible for all damage, liability, and fines and could face legal action.
Responsibility for Payment:
• Payments by Members shall be made with his/her credit card or debit card. The Member is under obligation to ensure that the account from which the amounts are to be collected have sufficient funds or credit available to cover any charges. Member is solely responsible for any associated bank or credit card charges or fees. Member may be charged a processing fee for a declined credit or debit card payment.
• In the event the Member defaults on any payments, Rentalogue is entitled to charge reminder fees and default interest in accordance with the provisions of the law. In addition, Rentalogue may utilize third parties to collect amounts owed to Rentalogue by a Member.
• With all fees mentioned above, Rentalogue reserves the right to prohibit a Member from making a subsequent reservation until all outstanding fees in the Member's account have been paid in full. In the event a fee is incurred, Members will receive an email invoice from Rentalogue that will have detailed payment instructions.
Collision or other incident:
• Rentalogue provides full wrap unlimited third party liability insurance without a maximum cap.
• If member is involved in an unintentional/non consequential incident/accident (including but not limited to a collision or misuse of the vehicle) Member will be responsible for a standard insurance deductible payment of up to ₹ 10,000. The Member will be obligated to pay the repair cost up to ₹ 10000. The payment owed will be deducted from the security deposit, if any. Should the security deposit not cover the payment (in the case the Member has accrued late return, excess km, etc charges) the balance of the payment owed shall be payable by the Member separately as an additional outstanding.
• Member will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges associated with a collision.
• Member will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by member failure.
• Rentalogue will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by vehicle failure.
• Member will be responsible for all applicable damages and costs, including those in excess of the applicable Damage Fee, arising from the Member's failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement and/or a violation of the law.
• Members are responsible for paying all tolls at the time they are due.
• Some Rentalogue Supplier Vehicles are registered with an All India Permit, allowing the vehicle to enter any state in the country.
• Members must pay all inter-state taxes and fees upon entering into a neighbouring state. Rentalogue shall reimburse the State entry fees only in the event when the Member pays for the duration of 3 months or more.
By joining Rentalogue, the Member agrees to pay Rentalogue the costs, charges, fees and expenses set out in the Agreement, including specifically and without limitation those set forth in this schedule. The following is not exhaustive and other specific fees, costs and charges may apply. Other applicable costs will be communicated to the Member. Capitalized terms used in this schedule shall have the same meaning assigned to such terms in the Agreement.
Rentalogue reserves the right to change the terms of this Policy from time to time and shall give notice of such changes to the Member in a timely manner. Notice to the Members shall be considered given when such notice is indicated and accessible from the first page accessed after the Member log-on to the Rentalogue website, or by email to the Member's email address provided to Rentalogue in the Member's application or most recently provided to Rentalogue. Member agrees that the amended terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be effective and binding the earlier of (1) the effective date indicated in such notice; or (2) on the date posted on Rentalogue website.
Guest Booking feature:
Once the Booking done from the guest booking feature, you cannot cancel your booking.
In the event you have any complaints or concerns with respect to the Site or our services, please contact our Customer Support by calling us on +91 95533 44853 or mail at [email protected]
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution